Whether you're looking for an accompaniment to a great grilled steak,
a light companion to a chicken dish, or a crisp, Summer-y meal of its
own, salads really fit the bill. And during this time when so many of the
necessary ingredients are at their peak of freshness, you'll want to
expand those salad horizons. So here are some salads we love to get you
Swiss Cheese Cobb Salad
Here's a twist on the usual Cobb Salad, making it feel more like Summer!
Place salad greens on large platter or in large shallow bowl. Place cheese in
row down center of greens. Place half of each remaining ingredient in vertical
rows from cheese to one side of platter. Repeat on other side of cheese with
remaining ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- 1 (10-ounce) bag (6 cups) mixed salad greens
- 1/4 pound Swiss Cheese, cubed
- 1 medium (1 cup) green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium (1 cup) red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium (1 cup) tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 pound Ham, cubed
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup Bleu Cheese salad dressing
Serve with salad dressing.
Makes 6 servings — 4.5 grams carbohydrate per serving.
Santa Fe Beef & Hot Pepper Salad
Stir together salsa, sour cream and chili powder in small bowl; mix
well. Combine all remaining ingredients in large bowl; toss lightly.
Serve with dressing.
- 1/2 cup lowest carb salsa
(I like Newman's Own™)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 (8-ounce) bag (6 cups) torn lettuce
- 1/2 pound sliced deli Roast Beef, cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 pound Hot Pepper Cheese, cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 thin onion slices, separated into rings
Makes 8 servings — 5.9 grams carbohydrate per serving.
Spinach Salad with Creamy Hazelnut Dressing
- 8 cups spinach leaves, washed, stems removed, torn
- 1/2 cup red onion slices (1/8-inch thick), separated into rings
- 1/4 pound Swiss Cheese, cut into 1x1/2x1/4-inch strips
- 2 large tomatoes, each cut into 12 wedges
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup broken toasted hazelnuts
Place spinach, onion and cheese in large bowl.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons DaVinci Sugarfree Toasted Hazelnut Syrup
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
Stir together all dressing ingredients (mayonnaise, DaVinci Sugarfree Toasted
Hazelnut Syrup and cream) in small bowl with wire whisk.
Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Garnish with tomato and egg.
Sprinkle broken hazelnuts evenly over salad. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired.
Makes 6 servings — 4.3 grams carbohydrate per serving.
Get DaVinci Sugarfree Syrups from netrition,
Southwestern Salad With Orange Dressing
- 1/2 cup DaVinci Sugarfree Vanilla Syrup
- 1/3 cup Sugarfree Tang, prepared
OR 1/3 cup Ket-OJ orange drink, prepared
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can Eden black soy beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 pound Muenster Cheese, cubed 1/2-inch
- 1/2 pound cooked Turkey Breast, cubed 1/2-inch
- 1 large (1 cup) green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large (1 cup) tomato, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) bag mixed salad greens
Combine red onion, black soy beans, cheese, turkey, green pepper and
tomato in large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons dressing; toss to coat.
To serve, divide salad greens evenly among eight plates. Top each with
3/4 cup black soy bean mixture. Serve with additional dressing.
Makes 8 servings — 6.8 grams carbohydrate per serving.
Get DaVinci Sugarfree Syrups from netrition,
Ket-OJ and Eden Black Soy Beans can be ordered from The Low Carb Connoisseur.
Feta Greek Salad
Combine all ingredients except feta cheese and dressing in large bowl;
toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with dressing.
- 1 (10-ounce) bag (6 cups) Italian blend salad greens
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 6 Roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 (6.5-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Caesar salad dressing
Makes 8 servings — 2.2 grams carbohydrate per serving.
You won't find a more Delicious Low Carb Chocolate Bar than Ross!
Ross Chocolates will help you stick to your diet! All orders for 36 bars or more receive an automatic 15% discount. Start the
new year right with a full supply for when temptation strikes!
Use the coupon code NEWBIE and
get FREE SHIPPING AND HANDLING for all first time customers who
order just 1 Sampler Pack.
Ross Chocolate Bars come in Almond, Supreme, Coconut, Cherry, Orange, Raspberry, Crunchy, Dark, Mint, and White!
Taste-test results are in! Read what your fellow low-carbers are saying about this chocolate!
A Tasty Idea!
Try melting two of our Cherry or Raspberry Ross Chocolate Bars in the microwave;
then dip cold fresh berries in the warm chocolate. The cold berries will quickly set the chocolate and you'll have a low carb treat that can't be beat!
our site for the best low carb chocolates in the world!
| (888) 267-2065|