- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 large Belgian endive, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 hearts of palm, drained, rinsed and thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 baby carrot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Steel's Low-Carb Sugar Free Honey Mustard Dressing OR:
Steel's Low-Carb Sugar Free Sweet Ginger Lime Dressing
In a large bowl, combine the romaine, endive, hearts of palm, scallions,
tomatoes, bell peppers, carrot and red onion and refrigerate until chilled.
In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, stirring,
until golden, about 6 minutes; let cool.
Add pine nuts to the salad, toss with the dressing and serve!
Serves 8. 3.5 net grams carbs per salad.