[CLICK HERE TO VIEW PRINTING INSTRUCTIONS]
Cheesy Sausage Bake
Butter a large rectangular pan with butter.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 ounces pork sausage, crumbled
- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed and thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 pound ricotta cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup gluten flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 pound Sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup chopped green onions (green part only)
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage for 4 to 6
minutes. Add mushrooms and saute until wilted, about 3 to 4
minutes. Season with black pepper. Remove from heat and cool
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and ricotta
cheese and mix thoroughly. Stir in the gluten flour, baking powder and
salt. Add the eggs, a little at a time, and mix until fully
incorporated. Stir in the sausage/mushroom mixture, grated
cheeses and green onions. Pour into the prepared pan and cover
tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 12
Preheat oven to 350°.
Remove mixture from refrigerator and bake for about 45
minutes or until golden brown and the center slightly jiggles.
Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving; spoon
onto serving plates and serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings. 3 grams per serving.