[CLICK HERE TO VIEW PRINTING INSTRUCTIONS]
No Noodle Lasagna
Brown the meat in about 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
When meat is nearly done, add the onions and bell pepper and
sauté until the onions just begin to soften. Add garlic and continue
cooking until onions are transparent. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste
along with the red wine. Mix well; add seasonings and simmer until
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, browned in olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 15-16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- fresh chopped parsley
- 5 large mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 pound spinach, steamed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Beat the eggs and ricotta together with some fresh chopped parsley,
salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with olive oil or butter flavor Pam.
Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture in the bottom of the pan. Top with sliced
zuchinni. Spread zuchinni with the ricotta mixture, and top with spinach and
mushroom slices. Top that layer with half of the cheeses. Cover with
remaining meat mixture, top with remaining cheese. Bake at 325°F
until the cheese is bubbly and starting to get golden (about 35
to 45 minutes.)
Serves 8. 6 net grams of carbohydrate per serving.