In a large, heavy-based skillet, heat about 2 Tbs. of the olive oil
over high heat. Add the bell pepper and scallions and sauté until
lightly browned, about 4 min. Add the remaining oil and the eggplant.
Reduce the heat to medium high and sauté the eggplant until just
barely tender, about 4 min. Add the zucchini. Continue cooking,
stirring often, until all the vegetables are tender, about 5 min.
Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, and thyme. Cook until the tomatoes are
just heated through, about 1 min. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle the
vegetables with the balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Serve warm.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 5 scallions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (about 16), quartered
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar; more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Serves 4. 6 net grams of carbohydrate per serving.