If you've been missing amazing pasta since you've gone low-carb, Dreamfields has the answer.
We at Dreamfields, want to share some of our favorite low carb pasta recipes with you.
So get cooking!
Pasta with Ham and Mushroom Sauce
By Antonio Cecconi
Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat.
Cook onion, parsley and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft. Add ham and mushrooms, and pour
in wine; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently until wine has evaporated.
- 16 ounces Dreamfields linguini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces ham, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese
Stir in marinara sauce and cook for 10 minutes.
Add half & half; stir until smooth and simmer 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with sauce and Romano cheese, serve.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 411; Fat: 15 grams; Protein: 18 grams; Digestible Carbohydrates: 13
Elbow Macaroni Salad
Makes 8 side servings
Created By: Antonio Cecconi
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- 16 ounces Dreamfields elbows
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup cucumber, diced 1/2 inch
- 1 cup broccoli floret tops
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Combine
dressing with vegetables. Add pasta and toss gently with other ingredients until well
coated. Refrigerate at least one hour prior to serving.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 272; Fat: 4 grams; Protein: 10 grams; Digestible Carbohydrates: 15
(As seen in ad photo below) Makes 6 servings
By Marilyn Harris
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- 16 ounces Dreamfields Spaghetti
- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin julienne strips
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons light butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter and sauté the zucchini,
carrots, bell pepper and shallots for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Remove vegetables from heat. Toss vegetables with hot pasta.
Sprinkle in half of the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and toss with pasta.
Serve with the remaining cheese sprinkled over the top.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 358; Fat: 8 grams; Protein: 13 grams; Digestible Carbohydrates: 14
Copyright © July 2005 Dreamfields and Low Carb Luxury