A Thanksgiving Feast
The Glycemic Index
Here's What's New!
Dreamfields Pasta Recipes
The Beauty of Eyeglasses
Heart Surgeon's Low Carb View
Jonny Bowden Weighs In
Clarifying Carb Confusion
SIGN UP TO SUBSCRIBE
Low Carb Sage & Pear Stuffing
Heat oven to 350°. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes; transfer to a large bowl.
- 12 slices pre-dried Low Carb Bread, diced into 1/2" squares *
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) breakfast sausage
- 3 cups turkey broth, divided
- 1 cup diced red pears (You can use red apple also.)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown sausage; drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
Wipe out pan, melt 3 tablespoons butter, add celery and onion. Cook 5 minutes until
vegetables are softened; stir in sage, thyme, pepper, and parsley; cook 2 minute more. Add broth;
Pour vegetable mixture into bread cubes, toss gently. Add sausage, eggs and diced pears.
Toss gently to combine. Stuffing should be moist. Transfer to a buttered casserole.
Dot top of stuffing with remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Bake 40 minutes, turning once
halfway through baking time.
Makes 12 servings — 7.7g effective carbohydrate per serving.
* For Low Carb Bread, use Atkins Brand, Nature's Own, Brownberry, or other bread with 4 net carbs
or less per slice (otherwise, make the carb adjustment in calculating.) We don't suggest using
a bread that contains seeds or sprouts for this recipe.
Spicy Cranberry Sauce
Bring cranberries, water and orange peel to a boil. Boil until
the skin of the berries pop open (about 5 minutes.) Remove from
heat, add remaining ingredients, and mix till thoroughly combined. Cool
in refrigerator before serving.
- One 1-pound box fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 2 tsp grated orange peel (fresh is best!)
- Dash of allspice
- Dash of cloves
- 10 drops of orange extract
- 5 drops of red food color [optional]
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 cup erythritol
Makes appoximately 3 cups. 2.2g effective carbohydrate per 2-Tablespoon serving.
Heavenly Mock Mashed Potatoes
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 10-oz packages frozen cauliflower (or fresh 3/4 head)
- 1 8-oz package full-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chicken bullion granules
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced onion flakes (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons Keto Ketato Mix
Cook cauliflower in microwave or on stovetop until it is very well done.
Drain well (daub with paper towels if need be... we don't want too much water in
Mix cauliflower with cream cheese, and butter in food processor in food processor.
Blend well. Add chicken bullion granules, pepper, and onion flakes. Mix again.
Add cream and Keto Ketato mix and blend once more to mix thoroughly.
If mixture is too thick, add more cream; too thin? Add more Keto Ketato mix. Work
until you get the consistency you prefer.
Spray an ovenproof dish with cooking spray and put mixture in. Add extra butter,
and/or sprinkle with chopped parsley if you like. Bake 15 - 20 minutes and serve hot
with low carb gravy.
Makes 6 servings — 5g effective carbohydrate per serving.