These are not like the barbecued beans we used to enjoy, but I couldn't
a better name!
Mix together and bake uncovered at 350°F (180°C) for 45 minutes.
- 4 cups cooked green beans (2 cans, 1 liter)
- 8 slices crumbled cooked bacon (about 1.5 oz or 40 gm)
- 1/2 cup TLC Barbecue Sauce (120 ml)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (1.25 oz or 35 gm)
4 1-cup servings: 100 calories, 5g fat, 9 carbs (3 gm fiber), 5 g protein each.
(TLC BBQ sauce has just 6 calories and 1 carb per Tb. Adjust as needed if
* Recipe Note: I've been known to mix this up and put it in the cooler in a big
plastic bag. I then put the pre-mix back in the empty bean cans when I'm ready to
cook. The cans can be placed right on the edge of a grill to heat through, when
cooking out or camping, and there's no mess afterwards! Just stir them occasionally,
and move them around if needed - don't let them get so hot that they bubble,
spatter, and possibly burn the cook or bystanders.